TIES Inclusive Education Roadmap RETIRED
Five Focus Areas of the RISE
The RISE is composed of 5 Focus Areas essential to systems change for inclusive education including:
- Values and Climate: the conditions that result in equitable and inclusive state, district, and school communities.
- Placement and Settings: those policies and practices essential to general education school and class placements and access to all instructional and extracurricular activities for students with disabilities.
- General Education Curriculum Content and Access: both the content of instruction and the conditions that enable access to general education curricula for all students, including students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Instructional Practices: the evidence-based methods and characteristics of teaching used for instruction of students with disabilities with general education classes, lessons, activities, and routines.
- Education Systems: the structures and processes that reflect a unified (general and special education) approach to state, district, and school administration including scheduling; personnel allocations, hiring, and assignment of roles and responsibilities; transportation; and use of multi-tiered systems of support.