Frontline Initiative Documentation
The Seven Basic Rules for Accurate Documentation
- Write in dark blue or black ink.
- Write legibly.
- Sign each documentation entry.
- Date each documentation entry.
- Document the time of your entry. Don’t forget to include AM or PM.
- Draw a line through errors and initial. Do not erase or cover with Wite-Out.®
- Do not leave unused log space blank. Draw a line through unused space.
From, “Doing Documentation ‘Write,’” Frontline Initiative newsletter, v. 5 no. 4.