3. Where do people who get supports live?
- Including people who do and people who do not get LTSS, about 80% of people with IDD live with family members. Some live on their own or with a roommate or spouse.
- Among people who get LTSS, 60% live with family members.
- Families are the primary supporters for both children and adults with IDD. They informal supports including housing, financial, social, and transportation supports throughout people’s lives.
- Most people with IDD who do not live with families live in their own home (11%) or in small (16%) or large group (8%) settings.