RTC/OM HCBS Measurement Education Modules
Challenges of Measurement In HCBS
- Based on their own personal perspectives, two people may interpret the same question in different ways
- The data may not represent what we are trying to measure
- For example, assuming the quality of someone's social life is based on the number of friends they have.
- It can be difficult to find or develop good instruments, tools, to measure what you want to understand such as community inclusion, wellness.
- Some individuals may not be able to respond to questions on their own and information may need to be obtained from other sources.
Video from the Web version of this publication:
Measurement Challenges: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bnld_BMr7Fg