Frontline Initiative: Health and Wellness
Editors' Notes May 2023: https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Nlfm0_T7xM
Frontline Initiative • Volume 19, Number 1 • 2023
Editors: Julie Kramme and Chet Tschetter
Marketing and Communications: Jerry Smith
Graphic design: Connie Burkhart, Jean Hauff - Intern
Web developers: Shawn Lawler, Jonathon Walz, and Kristin Dean
Institute on Community Integration Director: Amy Hewitt
- Tony Anderson, Executive Director, Valley Mountain Regional Center
- Wesley Anderson, Director of Employment & Community Services, National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Lisa Burck, Associate Director, The Arc of Mississippi
- Nicole Dama, Office and Communications Manager, NADSP
- Rachel Jacob, E-Badge Reviewer, NADSP
- Chris Lawrence, Direct Support Professional, Job Path NYC
- Mary Lawson, Executive Director, PAKS Developmental Services
- Colleen McLaughlin, Associate Director, The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities & Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Department of Pediatrics
- Diane Potts, Associate Professor of Human Services, Tulsa Community College
- John Raffaele, Editorial Board Chair, Director of Educational Services, NADSP
- Robert Schier, Owner, Camp DRIVE
- Eryn Starck, Executive Assistant, Oregon Resource Association
If you are interested in contributing to Frontline Initiative, please contact:
Julie Kramme or Chet Tschetter, Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View past issues of Frontline Initiative here: z.umn.edu/frontlineinitiative
Frontline Initiative is supported through a cooperative agreement between the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, U.S. Department of Education (#90RTCP0003) and the Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL) at the Institute on Community Integration (ICI), University of Minnesota, and the University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (#90DDUC0070). This issue is also supported through a cooperative agreement between the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (#03-8818-22), and the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (NADSP). The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the RTC-CL, ICI, University of Minnesota, NADSP, or their funding sources.
Frontline Initiative is available in alternate formats upon request.
The University of Minnesota stands on Miní Sóta Makhóčhe, the rightful homelands of the Dakhóta Oyáte. We recognize the U.S. did not uphold its end of these land treaties. It is the current and continued displacement of the Dakhóta Oyáte that allows the University to remain today.
Ongoing oppression and discrimination in the United States has led to significant trauma for many people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, and other oppressed persons. At ICI, we affirm our commitment to address systemic racism, ableism, and all other inequalities and forms of oppression to ensure inclusive communities.