RTC/OM HCBS Measurement Education Modules
- The term population refers to all members of a group.
- A target population is a subgroup of the overall population that you want to measure and answer questions about.
- A sample refers to those participants who you actually measure.
- Sampling is used when measuring the entire population is too costly or unfeasible.
- There are many factors that should be considered when choosing a sample size.
- Obtaining a representative sample is essential to ensuring that results can be generalized to the target population as a whole.
Video from the Web version of this publication:
Challenges to Developing a Representative Sample: https://www.youtube.com/embed/eHSM-6sfcUA