RTC/OM HCBS Measurement Education Modules
Recruiting the Sample
Recruitment of participants refers to the process of developing a sample.
The strategies used to recruit participants may have a major impact on the representativeness of the sample.
Important Considerations When Planning for Recruitment:
- What are your guiding questions and target population?
- How large should the sample be?
- Is participation voluntary and what information will be provided to participants?
- What is being measured?
- How will results be used?
- What resources are available for recruitment, administration, data analysis, and interpretation?
- How can a diverse and representative sample be recruited from the target population?