Getting started with telehealth for early intervention: Learning modules
Recommendations for placement of technology in your home (part 2)
- Once you have located where in your home you want your telehealth sessions to take place, place the camera or device up to get a better/broader view (such as on a bookshelf, to angle down and capture more of the interaction between you and your child.
- An inexpensive tripod can attach to a webcamera to easily place it.
- A tablet or Smartphone can be held in place by an inexpensive tablet/phone stand.
- Make sure the camera view can fit both you and your child.
- Make sure that your child has room to move around the space.
- It can help to have the materials near by, such as toys or snacks. Your provider will give you a list of materials to have prepared for your sessions.