Universal - Person Centered PBS Strategies
Structured Behavioral Interviews
Selection is the process used to choose the best candidate for a position in the organization. The selection goes beyond just filling the job. It examines the candidates’ compatibility with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. This process also evaluates the candidates’ ability and willingness to learn the skills required to perform the job duties as well as the training and support they may require.
The Structured Behavioral Interview is an effective selection strategy, that when used with a Score Guide can help increase retention of Direct Support Professional.
Participants will be able identify:
- How and why The Structured Behavioral Interview:
- Helps you learn what you need to know about the candidate.
- Informs the candidate about the job duties.
- Informs the candidate about the culture, mission, and values of the employer.
- Helps you make better selection choices leading to better retention.
Workforce Strategies: Selection - Structured Behavioral Interview: https://www.youtube.com/embed/xItTGNjB3zc