RTC/OM HCBS Measurement Education Modules
Advantages and Disadvantages of Probability Sampling
- Your sample is more likely to be representative.
- Because all members have an equal chance of being selected, your sample is less likely to be biased.
- The ability to generalize conclusions about the population is higher
- Resource use (e.g. cost) can be higher to develop these types of samples.
- Greater expertise and knowledge of the subject matter is needed to determine what type of sampling approach is most appropriate.