Frontline Initiative: DSPs Using the NADSP Code of Ethics
Tenet 3: Integrity and Responsibility
Code of Ethics Tenent 3: Integrity and Responsibility: https://www.youtube.com/embed/TPLHYhxZJII
Integrity and Responsibility
As a DSP, I will support the mission and vitality of my profession to assist people in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the people I support, other professionals, and the community.
Furthermore, as a DSP, I will:
- Be aware of my own values and how they influence my professional decisions.
- Maintain competency in my profession through learning and ongoing collaboration with others.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for my decisions and actions.
- Advance my knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Seek advice and guidance on ethical issues from others as needed to inform decision-making.
- Recognize the importance of modeling valued behaviors to co-workers, people I support, and the community at large.
- Practice responsible work habits.
View and download the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals Code of Ethics