Frontline Initiative: DSPs Using the NADSP Code of Ethics
Tenet 8: Self-Determination
Code of Ethics Tenet 8: Self-Determination: https://www.youtube.com/embed/CSZFPztNmAE
As a DSP, I will assist the people I support to direct the course of their own lives.
Furthermore, as a DSP, I will:
- Support the rights of individuals to lead self-directed lives, working in partnership with other members of the person’s support network.
- Promote self-determination in physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual pursuits.
- Honor a person’s right to assume risk in an informed manner.
- Recognize that each individual has potential for lifelong learning and growth.
- Celebrate, accept, and learn from life’s rich experiences with people through triumphs and failures.
View and download the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals Code of Ethics