Examples of Challenges Teams Have Encountered
This module is not meant to list every problem that occurs while teams take steps toward improving person-centered practices. However, these are some of the common challenges that many teams have encountered. This module addresses each of the examples below in more detail.
- Teams may not be able to solve problems and make decisions together.
- "Resistance" from staff and others may occur in response to different types of person-centered or positive support practices.
- Challenges may come up while addressing cultural responsiveness.
- Frequent staff turnover can make training and the overall change process more difficult.
- Problem solving what is important TO and important FOR people can be challenging.
- Teams are often integrating multiple positive supports into HCBS
HCBS Planning Tool Question 37: Discuss examples of challenges that you, your team or organization have faced, or you think might come up while working on person-centered practices or positive supports in HCBS.