Recruiting, Selecting, and Retaining Direct Service Workers to Provide Self-Directed HCBS
Effective training is key to receiving the supports you need. When thinking about what training your DSWs need, consider the following:
- What competencies do they need to provide you with supports?
- What are the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to have to provide you with supports?
- What competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities does your DSW already have?
- What training do they need to enhance their ability to provide you with supports?
- What training resources are available?