Once your team has developed SMARTIE Goals for Year One, the team can begin breaking down each SMARTIE goal into action steps using the HCBS Planning Tool. Your team may have already identified some action items throughout this process. Those items can be added to the action plan.
Tips for Action Planning
- Look at one goal at a time,
- Break the goal into small steps that the team can take to see immediate progress,
- Identify who is involved in the action,
- Identify what needs to be done, and
- Identify when actions needs to be completed.
Each action step will move you closer to completing the goal.
man talking on online meeting
Checklist item 16: The team uses assessments to agree on a reasonable list of goals and activities for the year.
Review one SMARTIE goal at a time to develop small action steps. Identify who is responsible for each step, what needs to be done, and when it needs to be completed. Add these steps under the SMARTIE goal in Appendix C.
For your convenience Appendix C is available in both Excel and Word documents. Please access the format you prefer.
If you haven't already done so please use these links to access the tools.